Monday, May 1, 2017

Student success statement
“I have been asked what i mean by ‘word of honor.’
I will tell you: place me behind of prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another i might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can i get out of that circle ? No, never ! I’d die first.”
-Karl G.Maeser

What this quote is trying to say is that your honor matters and without it you just pretty much aren’t worth anything because it shows people that you break promises. When you make a promise you must keep it. No matter what because that shows who and how you are as a person. In this quote he is saying he could escape from jail if he didn’t promise to stay but if they were to draw a line and he promised to not cross he wouldn’t. This quote is very strong because it shows that  giving your word is something you must do because once you say i promise, i’ll do it there is no going back. For example let’s say you have a project to do and your friend didn’t do anything but you want to be nice and you agree that he’ll come and present and he promises you he will and he apologizes for not helping. Once the day comes you are ready to present and you are waiting for him but then they call you up to  go present but he isn’t there so you have to do it all on your own. How would you feel? Would you trust the person the same? Keeping your word is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment